Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Outlook express problem

• Please log in to reply

deanbo

deanbo

• PipPip
  • 62 posts
My problem is a friend of mine is trying to send me 4 audio apps of his to me by attatchment and they're just getting bounced back at him ?

This has NEVER happened before EVER and he can mail me so he's got the addy right.

I imagine there's some setting in OE that might need changing and he's tried sending them one at a time or all at once but he's get's the same thing ?

I don't know the exact name of the error but i juat asked him to tell me as i know it probably will be wanted
by you guys[or girls].I don't have a spam filter only AVG free scans the mail and i have NO IDEA what's causing this.

It's also pretty important i get them soon as i need them for a recording i'm doing,as i'm a guitar player and run my PC as a DAW and web broser.

Any ideas on settings to check ? i have used some cleaners and sys optimisers not long ago but no bad things have happened because of using then,and i'm puzzled. :tazz: :)

Advertisements

dagger

dagger

• PipPipPip
  • 126 posts
Hi
OE has set an option to block all attachments which could potential be a virus.

so open OE, click on Tools->Options
In this window click on Security tab, you will see a check box saying
Do not allow attachments which could potentially be a virus. Uncheck the check box and click Apply and Ok.

Thats it.. problem solved.
enjoy

deanbo

deanbo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
Aha !! it was ticked in the box as you said,i've unchecked it now so hopefully it will work.
Thanks very much dagger :tazz: