Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Free Software

• Please log in to reply

hao hao

hao hao

Spammer

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
thank you for giving this useful infro.
thank you

Advertisements

ample2008

ample2008

• Pip
  • 5 posts
there are so many free software . it is wonderful!

==SpuD==

==SpuD==

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 691 posts
Just thought for a download manager you should add

Free Download Manager!

Got some Great features

*Increase your download speed and resume broken downloads
*Flash video download
*HTTP/FTP/BitTorrent support

http://www.freedownl...rg/features.htm

SpuD

(Sorry if its already on here :S)

Edited by ==SpuD==, 08 April 2008 - 05:37 PM.

==SpuD==

==SpuD==

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 691 posts
Also Theres Vivid Desktop

Vivid Desktop: Multiple Desktop Manager
Add extra Desktops for more space

Here!

And...

Synergy

Synergy lets you easily share a single mouse and keyboard between multiple computers with different operating systems, each with its own display, without special hardware. It's intended for users with multiple computers on their desk since each system uses its own monitor(s).

Get it Here!

Chose the.exe from the download list (lower down the page)

If i think of anymore il add them!

SpuD

Edited by ==SpuD==, 10 April 2008 - 01:07 PM.

MoonBloo

MoonBloo

• PipPip
  • 27 posts
I would like to add FileBox Extender to the list. It is available (as a gift, of course) from Hyperionics

I have used this program for many years, and it is the first thing I install right after anti-virus.

Warning: FileBox Extender is addictiveware. After you have used it for awhile, you will find computers that do not have it to be most vexing, and you will wonder how in the world you ever managed without it.

Because I am Brevity Impaired, and sensitive to the popularity of forum posts that are under 10,000 words in length, I will just paste bits of the description of FileBox Extender from the website:

FileBox adds two handy buttons to these standard dialogs. These appear on the right side of the Windows dialog box title bars. These buttons appear next to the minimize, restore, and maximize buttons with which you're probably already familiar....

Posted Image

The button with a little heart on it like this: displays a "Favorites" menu. The FileBox Extender Configuration window allows you to add your favorite folders, files, document names, or other text items on it...

The button with a little clock on it is the button that opens the "Recent Folders" menu. It opens a list of the folders that you most recently accessed through the Open File or Save File dialog boxes...

(It also gives you roll-up and pin-up buttons, but to tell the truth, I seldom use those, and one of these days I am going into the options and just take them off)

Oh, and I can also add that it does not mess stuff up.

wizzy2k5

wizzy2k5

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,057 posts
Thanks for the list this will be very useful indeed :) it also had something i needed :)

Cheers

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
Thanks for the input! Please keep the suggestions coming. I am in the process of auditing and updating the list.

Regards,
Starjax

falcon07

falcon07

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I use JKDefrag to defrag disk and Rest of post removed by Mod as we don't recommend registry cleaners

==SpuD==

==SpuD==

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 691 posts
Also another good program is SharePod
Use it for backing up all my music off my ipod

Get it Here!

Change
Add and remove music, videos, playlists and artwork on your iPod.

Backup
Backup all those tracks your just can't lose onto a computer. Get them easily into iTunes (if you really have to...)

SharePod can run straight from the iPod itself, so you can use it at work, school, home - wherever you and your iPod are.

Also theres...

K-Lite Codec Pack

K-Lite Codec Pack is a collection of codecs, DirectShow filters and tools. Codecs and DirectShow filters are needed for encoding and decoding (playing) audio and video formats. The K-Lite Codec Pack is designed as a user-friendly solution for playing all your movie files. With the K-Lite Codec Pack you should be able to play all the popular audio and video formats and even some rare formats.

And...

Rocket Dock

RocketDock is a smoothly animated, alpha blended application launcher. It provides a nice clean interface to drop shortcuts on for easy access and organization. With each item completely customizable there is no end to what you can add and launch from the dock.

Now with added Taskbar support your minimized windows can appear as icons on the dock. This allows for better productivity and accessibility.

Features:
Minimize windows to the dock
Real-time window previews in Vista
Running application indicators
Simple drag-n-drop interface
Multi-monitor support
Supports alpha-blended PNG and ICO icons
Icons zoom and transition smoothly
Auto-hide and Popup on mouse over
Positioning and layering options
Fully customizable
Completely Portable
ObjectDock Docklet support
Compatible with MobyDock, ObjectDock, RK Launcher, and Y'z Dock skins
Runs great on slower computers
Unicode compliant
Supports many languages and can easily be translated
A friendly user base :)
And best of all... its FREE!!!

And a good program for Online gaming chat team talk thing (you no what im on about)

TeamSpeak

TeamSpeak is a quality, scalable application which enables people to speak with one another over the Internet. TeamSpeak consists of both client and server software. The server acts as a host to multiple client connections, capable of handling literally thousands of simultaneous users. This results in an Internet based conferencing solution that works in a variety of applications such as team mates speaking with one another while playing their favorite online game, small businesses cutting costs on long distance charges, or for personal communication with friends and family.

Posted Image

I use this one all the time :)

If i think of anymore il add them

SpuD

Edited by ==SpuD==, 27 May 2008 - 07:03 AM.

==SpuD==

==SpuD==

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 691 posts
And Another one :)

Paint.Net

Free Photo Editing, Picture Editing tool like Adobe Photoshop ect...

Paint.NET is free image and photo editing software for computers that run Windows. It features an intuitive and innovative user interface with support for layers, unlimited undo, special effects, and a wide variety of useful and powerful tools. An active and growing online community provides friendly help, tutorials, and plugins.
It started development as an undergraduate college senior design project mentored by Microsoft, and is currently being maintained by some of the alumni that originally worked on it. Originally intended as a free replacement for the Microsoft Paint software that comes with Windows, it has grown into a powerful yet simple image and photo editor tool. It has been compared to other digital photo editing software packages such as Adobe® Photoshop®, Corel® Paint Shop Pro®, Microsoft Photo Editor, and The GIMP.

SpuD

Advertisements

koko_crunch

koko_crunch

Trusted Helper

• Retired Staff
  • 1,751 posts
Hostsman -- Windows 98SE, Me, 2000, XP, Server 2003, Vista

# Automatic update of hosts file
# Enable/Disable hosts file
# Built-in hosts editor
# Scan hosts for errors, duplicates and possible hijacks
# Hosts file backup manager
# Exclusion list
# Local HTTP server

Autorun Eater
(I actually found out about this from a victim)

Find and delete suspicious autorun.inf files found in your PC.
It also loads as a process so everytime you plug a stick it removes autorun.inf.

Student101

Student101

• PipPipPip
  • 298 posts
NVU web page creator

comerlee

comerlee

• Pip
  • 3 posts
some freeware I have used bellow :

Partition manager :www.partition-tool.com
It could resize,creat,format,delet and hide your partitions.

Paragon:this one you may download from download.com

Disk copy:www.easeus.com/disk-copy/index.htm

Deleted data recovery:www.easeus-deletedrecovery.com/

spaztastic

spaztastic

• PipPip
  • 36 posts
DVD Shrink - DVD Shrink is a freeware tool for fitting a DVD-Video disc on a single DVD-R. DVD Shrink will also burn your backup DVD, if you have installed the latest version of Nero. If you already possess alternative burning software and prefer to stick with it, then you can still use DVD Shrink. The output from DVD Shrink can be saved as files on your hard drive, which you can then burn with software of your choice.

MediaMonkey - A digital media player and media library application for organizing and playing audio on Microsoft Windows operating systems. By using plugins, it can be extended to handle video and other media formats as well. MediaMonkey is available in a free version. In addition, skins, extension scripts, and plugins are supported. Version 2 of the program uses the Microsoft Access format for its library, while SQLite is used for the third version.

==SpuD==

==SpuD==

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 691 posts
Another good one i just found is...

BullZip

#A FREE PDF Printer that allows you to print to a PDF document from any Microsoft Windows application. Supports Microsoft Terminal Server and Citrix Metaframe environments.
#This utility will help you move the content of an Access database into a MySQL database. You can move the data and table definitions directly or you can create dump files for later use.
#With this utility you can right click any file and copy the file name to the clipboard. It supports copying different versions of the file name (long name, short name, URL, and UNC).
read more...
#The Express Menu is a low fat version of the traditional start menu in Windows. It is activated using a hot key and displays a user defined menu in the top left corner of the screen.
#The Color Syntax utility can present your source code files in HTML with colored keywords and language constructs. Use it to present your source code in documentation and educational materials.

RegAlyzer

For ADVANCED USERS ONLY!

RegAlyzer is a tool to browse and change the registry. It was created because of a few features we missed in the original regedit tool, from support for exotic value types over background and regular expression search to better bookmarks, displaying .reg files in the accustomed style and a history view.

ShieldsUp!

A free online scan that tells you how secure your computer is from online attacks and gives some tips on how to secure it!

SpuD

Edited by ==SpuD==, 28 July 2008 - 03:45 AM.