Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can't sign in to Gmail

• Please log in to reply

vanessamit

vanessamit

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have been using gmail for a year now and randomly a few days ago I couldn't sign in because it says my password does not match my username. I tried it multiple times. There is no way to get a hold of somebody in the gmail help center aside from sending an electronic help message. It says I have to wait 5 days before I can reset my password. (anyone who uses email for their job knows it is torturous to be without email for 5 days). Does anyone know how to contact someone or what might have happened? I tried using another browser and computer, but I get the same response.

Thanks

Advertisements

Mile Runner

Mile Runner

• PipPipPip
  • 455 posts
hi vanessamit!!! welcome to geeks to go!! :tazz:
um...looking at your post obvioulsy if it says you cant get on from two different computers, then it is not an issue with the browser or anything like that. unfortunetly i do not know of a way to get in... all i can say is to wait it out.someone might now a away in--but short of hacking to account i do not. sorry.

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Not sure if this is what you asked for or whether it will help you resolve your problem:

Google's headquarters are located in the heart of Silicon Valley.

Google Inc.
1600 Amphitheatre Parkway
Mountain View, CA 94043
phone: (650) 253-0000
fax: (650) 253-0001

I've used GMail since it started and have 3 accounts (and the attendant 300 invitations). Never experienced this type of problem, but would suggest you make sure you have cookies turned on. You might also try putting the https:/ for GMail into the Allowed Trusted Sites, if Mac has such a thing, to see if that works.

Google's pages have so many errors and warnings that it takes "forever" for the browser to parse them. :tazz:

Ron