Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Umm... I need help.

• Please log in to reply

checktsoup

checktsoup

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I've just purchased a videogame for my PC and I'm no computer whiz. I think I've downloaded it correctly, but when I try to run it, a window pops up saying "Cannot Create 3D device: adaptor 0(Trident Video accelerator 96xx/938x) Fullscreen resolution 1024x768, format R5G6B5/D16, refresh 75 Hz. Error D3DERR_INVALIDCALL"

Some of my more computer adept friends say I need to get the driver updates for my graphics card, and download directX. Problem is, I'm clueless as to how I get either of those. I know my computer is able to run the game as it is from 2001, and my computer's fairly new. But I cant diagnose or fix the problem. :tazz:

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Whats the game and where did you get it?

checktsoup

checktsoup

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Whats the game and where did you get it?

The game is Operation Flashpoint Game of the year edition. I got it off of amazon.com.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
You can download off Amazon thats new? And you wont even get the lovely box the game of the year edition came in.

List your system specs that way we can find the driver for your gfx card or determine if the games at all compatible. If your computer has old integrated gfx as some do it might not be able to play the game it may be old but its quite a demanding game even by todays standards its a fairly hungry game(it likes lots of ram the maps are massive in flashpoint). Good game if i had more time ild actually play it.