Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Gamesurround Sound Card Problems

• Please log in to reply

waynf

waynf

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,130 posts
Anyone out there acquainted with operation of Gamesurround L-8738-C sound card . I installed this card two or three months ago, but only got to trying to record something today. I used a Teak Cassette recorder with Dolby noise reduction. I went on to record "display" and attempted to record some music. I could hear the music coming through my speakers while it was recording, but when I played back the wave file, I hear nothing. I saved the file to "My Music" and tried that but to no avail. By the way if anyone knows, when recording is the solid horizontal lilne on the display supposed to fluctuate during recording or playback. I even burned the file on a rewritable disk, but when Media Player 9 opened up, I hear nothing. All volumes are at their peak. I have a feeling that the audio in cable from the tape deck to the computer might be working only on the left side.

Also should I be saving the wave sound file to hard drive or was I correct in saving it to "My Music" folder. Media Player cannot even play "sample music".

Regards,

Waynf

Advertisements

baroon

baroon

• PipPip
  • 41 posts
See I haven't use Teak Casette recorder software. But each of them must have option to select the source from where you want to record.

Check whether you have selected the same input source as you have connected your deck to computer in Teak Casette recoder, i.e, if you have connected your deck on "Line In" then select "Line In" as source in software or if it "Mic" then select "Mic" as source.

Last thing that you can save your file wherever you want on your hard drive.

Hope this might help. :tazz:

waynf

waynf

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,130 posts
Where would I go to set "Line In" as opposed to "Mic". Also I noticed that when I test my Sound Recorder there is a method to test "Microphone" and "speakers" but nothing for "Auxiliary Line In".

Waynf