Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

can't enter hotmail website

• Please log in to reply

popssy

popssy

• Pip
  • 7 posts
hey...this is my first time posting and i have a problem.recently, i can't go into hotmail web page.when i entered the page,it will come out blank.can someone please help me with this as i have some important documents in my e-mail account. thanks.

Advertisements

Mile Runner

Mile Runner

• PipPipPip
  • 455 posts
Hi popssy! Welcome to Geeks to Go!!!
ok if i am not mistaken i belive Hotmail uses a Flash player. so if you could please update your Shockwave and Flash Players that whoudl be great. If that dosent fix it i whould like to know what browser you are using, and also are you able to access any secure site?

thanks

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
not to butt in but are you getting an kind of a spacifique error, or is it jut a white page? Does it ask to enable cookies?
thanx
James

popssy

popssy

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
thre's just a blank white page.itried downloading the new version of flash but i just cant.do u think i just just re-formate my computer?im using internet explorer.

Mile Runner

Mile Runner

• PipPipPip
  • 455 posts
hi popssy, what do you mean you cant get the new verison of flash. what happend when you tried to download it? also reformatting is not a good idea, and will only be used once we are out of ideas.

popssy

popssy

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
it's like when i am at the download page,nothing came up.there isn't any download button to click so i waiteed but noting came up.and one more thing was that my window medis player cant work too.it says that there is internal application error.thanks for helping me.

Mile Runner

Mile Runner

• PipPipPip
  • 455 posts
MIDI or Media?

popssy

popssy

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
sorry its media...

Mile Runner

Mile Runner

• PipPipPip
  • 455 posts
ok...its fine its just those are not realy related and they have completly different fixes. ok what i whould like you to do is:
tools>internet options>advanced>scroll down to multimedia settings and make sure IE isnt blocking any kind of media

popssy

popssy

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
okie.i tried it but it got hanged.and there's no IE on the multimedia.i think it's best if we do the hotmail first as i have really important documents there.

Mile Runner

Mile Runner

• PipPipPip
  • 455 posts
ok but hotmail uses, flash, so if you cant veiw flash objects, you cant veiw hotmail, its pretty simple. I am a bit confused by "and there's no IE on the multimedia"

popssy

popssy

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
u told me to to go to internet options n then to advance then down to multimedia yeah..but when i click on multimedia, there isn't the IE that is blocked.

popssy

popssy

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
hey ppl..thanks for all the help but i've alreadi reformat my com...

Mile Runner

Mile Runner

• PipPipPip
  • 455 posts

hey ppl..thanks for all the help but i've alreadi reformat my com...

ok, i think that was a little drastic but if it fixed it and you backed everything up, its all good. :tazz: