Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

FPS HELP NEEDED

• Please log in to reply

goku162002

goku162002

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Ok first off thanx for any replys i get.

The problem : For about a year now anytime i run a first person shooter my W key cuts out. If i'm playing my game and im moving then at a random time my W key just cuts out with im still holding down so i have to take my finger off and press it down again (im sure anyone who plays FPS will know you cant keep standing still in the middle of a game).

The thing is its not just the W key its moving forward in genral, ive changed the key to the arrow buttons and so on but the same thing still happens and ive also tryed different keyboards with no luck.

Now here's the weird part, if i hold down my W key in any other program, lets say word then there is no problem and it never cuts out, its only when i play a FPS game.

The games i normaly play are :
Unreal Tournement ( the original )
Quake 3
Halo
Battle field 1942 ( all add-on games )

Oh i must also point out that when im playing lego star wars which is a 3rd person shooter i do not have this problem.

Any replys would be GREATLY thanked as i havent been able to play these games for a year now and have missed them so much.

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
generally this is a keyboard issue, not a game issue. have you tried a different keyboard to see if the problem still occurs?

eliteknightz

eliteknightz

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
I don't know if this is what you're talking about but....try this.

Start -> Control Panel -> Keyboard.

Under repeat rate and delay, drag all the way to the right.

goku162002

goku162002

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello everyone, thanks for your advise, it turns out it was because of my wireless keyboard, i just switched back to my wired one and now im good to go again, still getting my butt kicked by xin tho -_-

Thank you all so much