Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Renewal of IP Address?

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I just moved into a house that has wireless internet.

So I installed my linksys's wireless card, and for some reason I get booted every 5minutes to 1day after rebooting the card. If I try to repair the connection it tells me that I can not renew my ip address. Can anyone offer any ideas?

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,351 posts
Hey Silentmist, welcome to Geeks To Go Forums.

Usually a wireless IP is static, and the IP address is changed by your ISP,if I am correct my IP changes once a month. So all you got to do is wait until the change it.

If it doesnt change over a period of a month you could contact you ISP to get them to change it for you.

Cool :tazz:

Edit: Check this: http://www.geekstogo...newal IPaddress

Edited by spike_hacker_inc, 18 March 2006 - 11:39 PM.

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,018 posts
  • MVP
first...don't pm me for support...

what do you mean by you moved to a house with wireless internet...
is the internet ACTUALLY wireless...or is there a wireless router hooked up to a broandband connection somewhere in the house?