Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Renewal of IP Address?

• Please log in to reply

Silentmist

Silentmist

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I just moved into a house that has wireless internet.

So I installed my linksys's wireless card, and for some reason I get booted every 5minutes to 1day after rebooting the card. If I try to repair the connection it tells me that I can not renew my ip address. Can anyone offer any ideas?

Advertisements

Spike

Spike

nOoB

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts
Hey Silentmist, welcome to Geeks To Go Forums.

Usually a wireless IP is static, and the IP address is changed by your ISP,if I am correct my IP changes once a month. So all you got to do is wait until the change it.

If it doesnt change over a period of a month you could contact you ISP to get them to change it for you.

Cool :tazz:

Edit: Check this: http://www.geekstogo...newal IPaddress

Edited by spike_hacker_inc, 18 March 2006 - 11:39 PM.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
first...don't pm me for support...

second
what do you mean by you moved to a house with wireless internet...
is the internet ACTUALLY wireless...or is there a wireless router hooked up to a broandband connection somewhere in the house?