Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Dropped Connection

• Please log in to reply

Long Tall Bob

Long Tall Bob

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
I hope i can drop in on this post.

I have the same problem, the wireless connection repeadetly drops...

It always worked fine, but since a few days, it dis- and reconnects again within the minute.

System; XP Pro 64 Bit
Linksys 54g wireless router
Sitecom network card
Both in the same room (it always worked smooth)
2 other computers are using the router

1 computer (laptop) is often used when my system is running as well.
the other computer is hardly used. I switched it on a few days ago, and it seems the problem is occuring since then. I´m not sure, i thought i just mention it.

The router is on automatic DHCP with a refreshing rate of 0 (1 day?)
IP range is ok (50 for 3 computers)

I tried setting a steady IP for all systems (only in the systems, not in the router is that ok?) but it didn´t work.

anyone have an idea? (again, while i´m typing this on my laptop, there seems to be no problem, the "other system" is not running at the moment) Settings on the other system are the same.

Gr,

LTB

Advertisements

Efeezy20

Efeezy20

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
Ok well my ISP just came out and we spent about 30 minutes trying to figure this problem cause of my CD drive was being silly which I am gonna post about that in a few lol sorry guys gotta problem for you everyday lol. But me and the technician that came out came up with this that I was on someone else's channel or they were on mine. Now need I remind you if you have a wireless connection that your modem will pick up on any router that is close by especially if you live in a apartment. So your best bet is to go to your wireless utility and make sure that you are the only one on your channel if not you will have to switch channels. You probably could do this for yourself or have your wireless service provider come out, odds are get them to come out cause you probably don't want to mess around with anything if you have no idea what you are doing. Give it a try and tell me if it works or if you don't have wireless connection then I would call ISP to see what they can do, but I am off of here time to post something cause my comp seems to be having a lot of trouble.