Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Web searcher can't keep info organized

• Please log in to reply

Bid Peoples

Bid Peoples

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I search the web for information about new projects. I get the leads from newspaper feeds sorted by google each day. This works fine. My problem is that I have to sometimes get more information about a project so I write them an email. This causes a fileing problem. I need the following:

When a google lead comes in, I need to give the URL its own space, so when I look at the URL I need to do a "save to" and it will be put in its own separate folder. Next when I write for more information, I need that email to go into the same folder and when I get a response, that needs to go in there also.

In addition, I need the folders to be listed, and a marker of some sort saying the file is still active, or is complete.

Sometimes the project is long term, and I need to check for more information in a week or month. It would be helpful if there was a tickler file that would remind me to see if anything new is happening.

Is there a project software that will let me organize these data something similar to the above?

Thanks,

Bid
[email protected]

Advertisements