Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Yahoo messenger Voice message!

• Please log in to reply

friendsterjunkie

friendsterjunkie

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello everyone I'm new here and i'm wondering if someone please help me with this message:

"Voice error: Your computer does not support the required audio compression format."

So far:
  • I have contacted my customer service who made my computer--- none.
  • There was a guide in yahoo help but i can't use it becasue i use Windows XP and the guide only ends on windows 2000
  • I am in dersperation to find out how to use this.
Now here is the cause

Cause: Yahoo! Chat is unable to locate the DSP Group TrueSpeech audio compression (codec) software on your computer.

and this is the solution

Solution: The DSP Group TrueSpeech audio compression (codec) software is usually installed as part of Microsoft Windows. Please follow these instructions to install and enable the TrueSpeech codec

Now, please can someone tell me the step by step solution for this with windows xp.

thanks so much

Advertisements

dbate101 (dalton)

dbate101 (dalton)

• Pip
  • 4 posts
go to microsoft.com go to downloads and go to CODECS, download the appropriate driver for it

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
yes, you need the microsoft speech libraries.