Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

SYSTEM CONSTANTLY CRASHING c000021a on XP PRO!

• Please log in to reply

JoNNiE - D

JoNNiE - D

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Yes, you can...and please do. Then when you get the BSOD, jot down all the error information and post it here for me.

Open Control Panel and double click System. Under the "Advanced" tab, in the Startup and Recovery section, click the "Settings" button. In the System Failure section, uncheck the box next to "Atomatically Restart", click "Ok"...then "Apply" and "Ok".

Reboot.

Yo Wannabe hows it hangin!

Happy St Paddys Day i have to [bleep]in work tommorow but i dont care ill still be drinkin me guiness and partyin like [bleep]! :)

The blue error screen is
Stop: c000021a {Fatal System Error}
The windows logon Process system Process terminated unexpectly with a status o
The system has shut down.

^ all of the above is what is displayed in the blue error!

Cheers JD :tazz:

Advertisements

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hey JoNNiE - D...Don't let the Luck o the Irish bite you too hard!

The windows logon Process system Process terminated unexpectly

That's the one I was hoping it wasn't... :)

This indicates a corrupt registry hive. Have you and your buddy installed anything common on your machines? This is generally NOT caused by viri or malware, but by an update, botched installation, or botched uninstallation.

If your System Restore is in good order and you have a viable restore point, we can try to replace the hive. OR you can do an Inplace Upgrade (Repair) installation. The repair is the better choice as it removes any updates that may have caused the problem.

Your call... :tazz:

JoNNiE - D

JoNNiE - D

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
Whats up buddy!?

Okay heres the funny thing, That day i went down to my friends house to connect to his wireless network, Well the laptop was fine untill i Downloaded the windows updates! Im pretty sure it has somthing to do with Windows updates and Norton so what im thinkin about doin is Runing the Windows Repair Disc, or possibley Reformiting and installing a Fress OS. Reason im thinkin bout Reformating is because i already ran the rapair disc and i still got blue screen shut downs! Grrr Anyways I'm gonna choose ' Not to help protect my pc' for the SP2 not use any of the windows updates Except Windows Media 10 wich ill download manually and install.I'm Then gonna install AVG 7.1 and Zonealarm pro and not gonna except any updates from Windows MS<c-u-n-t-s) LOL. Any Suggestions you have for Security Downloads such as anti Virus, Firewalls and spyware removal tools let me know!

Love ya man
JoNNiE D :tazz:

Im gonnnna get sooo drunk PARTYY PARTYYY! Enjoy Paddys day you GEEK :)

JoNNiE - D

JoNNiE - D

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

:tazz: :)

Edited by JoNNiE - D, 17 March 2006 - 05:14 AM.

JoNNiE - D

JoNNiE - D

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
Howdy wannabe!

Havent bein around in a while ive been sick as a dog after all the partyn for paddy day! Hopeya had a good one!

Just wonderin.. As i type this message im actually reformating the C drive now and installin a fresh copy of XP PRO, I installed Avg on the Desktop but it says its only a 30 day trial.... I actually tought it was FREE? also what do you recoment i use for Security programs like Anti Virus protection and Firewall!!? Remember im not gonna be usin the Secuirty on Windows xp or any of updates except Windows media player 10?

Cheers JD :tazz: :)

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Howdy JoNNiE - D...

There is a free version of AVG available here. You might also check into Avast!...I actually like it a little better than AVG, but they are both very good.

Firewalls...I like Sygate. There are also free versions of ZoneAlarm and Kerio.

For a list of recommended Anti-Malware tools, go Here.

wannabe1

JoNNiE - D

JoNNiE - D

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
Hey there!:tazz:

Just wondering.... well ya know the way i just installed a fresh OS well I choosed not to help protect my PC, do you think it would be okay?? also the fact that i dont have my windows updates Set! would this leave me vulnrable or am okay once i have Zone Alarm Pro, and AVG???

Cheer JoNNiE D

JoNNiE - D

JoNNiE - D

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
????????????

xathin

xathin

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hello

I appear to be having a similar problem. Here is my error message:

STOP: c000021a {Fatal System Error}
The Windows Logon Process system process terminated unexpectedly with a status code 0xc0000139 (0x00000000, 0x00000000)
The System has been shut down.

I had just installed 2 programs called DIRMS and BuzzSaw. They are used for defragmentation of the harddrive. The website is located at http://www.dirms.com/ for both. After restarting the system, this error came up. The system continually comes up with this message, no matter what start up option I choose from the F8 startup menu. There were 2 services which were added by these programs, and I have disabled both of them using the Recovery Console from the Windows XP install CD, but have not yet restarted to see if disabling these services fixes the problem. I am currently running a 'chkdsk c: /r', as there were errors reported when checking.

I do not wish to perform a full install of Windows if it can be helped.

Steven

[edit]: disabling the services did not help, nor did running chkdsk.

Edited by xathin, 02 April 2006 - 03:14 PM.

JoNNiE - D

JoNNiE - D

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

I appear to be having a similar problem. Here is my error message:

STOP: c000021a {Fatal System Error}
The Windows Logon Process system process terminated unexpectedly with a status code 0xc0000139 (0x00000000, 0x00000000)
The System has been shut down.

Hello there

Do you have Norton installed? What Verson of XP are you runing? do you have Service pack 2 installed? There could be a number of reasons why your getting this error BUT I found that the main reason was to do with Norton and Automatic updates, As soo as i reformatted I choosed not to protect my computer usin windows firewall then installed my own seperate firewall " Zone alarm pro" also Disabled my windows updateing ever since, I havent had the blue error shut down and my systems bein runing perfectly!

JD

Advertisements

xathin

xathin

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hello

I do not have Norton installed, and I am running Windows XP Professional with SP2 installed. I have all the latest updates for Windows, and had no problems prior to today. No new updates have been installed since the last successful restart of Windows. I've had no problems running the default Windows Security features, including the Windows Firewall. I have the free version of AVG installed.

I tried performing a repair/upgrade install, but the setup stalled while installing the network devices during the GUI install stage. I am currently trying to do a secondary install so I can back up all my documents while I have the opportunity to do so. I will also install the software I had just installed prior to this error occuring to see if that is what caused the problem to begin with.

If anyone can think of another possible solution so I don't have to reformat, let me know.

Steven

JoNNiE - D

JoNNiE - D

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Hello

I do not have Norton installed, and I am running Windows XP Professional with SP2 installed. I have all the latest updates for Windows, and had no problems prior to today. No new updates have been installed since the last successful restart of Windows. I've had no problems running the default Windows Security features, including the Windows Firewall. I have the free version of AVG installed.

I tried performing a repair/upgrade install, but the setup stalled while installing the network devices during the GUI install stage. I am currently trying to do a secondary install so I can back up all my documents while I have the opportunity to do so. I will also install the software I had just installed prior to this error occuring to see if that is what caused the problem to begin with.

If anyone can think of another possible solution so I don't have to reformat, let me know.

Steven

It could be a bad stick of RAM, But belive me i Googled this for along time and got alot of help of wannabe1! And Reformatted my system 2 times and still had the problem after Reformattin, UNTILL i selected not to use the Windows updates on me next install! Try unintall the KB security update and restart!

xathin

xathin

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Well...we'll see what happens with the new install. I've never had any problems remotely like this until now, and I've had this install running for at least 6 or 7 months now. Guess it was time to format anyway, just didn't really want to do it right now.

Once I have a working version of Windows installed and everything backed up, I'll try to figure out what caused this. I'm thinking it was one of those programs I just installed, because they weren't working properly when I tried to run them, which is why I restarted my computer.

Oh well. The install is going fine for now. Hopefully it will finish and at least let me back up my files.

JoNNiE - D

JoNNiE - D

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
Make sure you dont let your Windows update just install a firewall! just for like a week or somthin then let your windows update... if you get blue error shut down then you know what the problem is!