Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

video on web pages

• Please log in to reply

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
hello,
just wondering i'm trying to post a video onto my web page but its not working i'm beginning to think that its the file i'm using. It's a .DAT file i believe its nero. Shouldn't this still work when upoading it onto the web using front page, if i should be using windows media playing or some other format. How do i change the formate of the video?
thanx
James :tazz:

Advertisements

the_gh0st

the_gh0st

• PipPip
  • 49 posts
I suggest uploading your file to YouTube, then use the linking codes they give you to put it on your site.

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Topic Starter
  • Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
na i don't want to do it that way, that server has way to many people on it and is a way to slow for my likings. Other suggestions?
thanx
James

DuncanWilkie

DuncanWilkie

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
simple answer, don't use a dat file, and don't use nero to make any video / movie files.
Nero is for burning CDs and DVDs. You need to use some sort of video software, you also need to give more information as to how you got to the dat file stage.

If you can view the video, then you need to work out some way of changing it into a proper video file such as .avi if its on a DVD / CD then you can often find riping software (note: that riping copyrighted material is illegal, and i do not endorse that).

Also... try Windows Movie Maker which is free with / to download, if you have Windows XP (SP2), I haven't tried it myself but its supposed to be very easy for the amateur, although I don't know if it has screen video capture options on it, check it out and have a look.

download Movie Maker here

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Topic Starter
  • Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
ya i found a free trial for a converter, so now its all good now i'm just fooling around with the code on how to get it up there.
thanx
James :tazz:

DuncanWilkie

DuncanWilkie

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
np