Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Wireless Network Ping Spikes

• Please log in to reply

whutdonutsquestionmark

whutdonutsquestionmark

• Pip
  • 1 posts
okay i got winVista and i do NOT see any hint of wzc on my computer at all. but ONLY on my home wireless network, i lag hard and about the ping spikes - my ping goes from average 20-50 to 300-600 and stays for a long time until it does a negative spike having normal ping for like 3 seconds and then skyrocketing again. this does not happen on any other wireless network or on cable. besides - it started happening on another laptop quite a while ago, and when i used my own it did also. but the pc linked to the router does not have this problem. but now the other laptop broke down and i cant test the net on that one.
just an example: i open CS 1.6. i check the servers. i might see some good pings (20-40), but when i refresh the list - they just go up to 400 and stay unstable. if i connect to one of the servers i get the issue described above. BUT when i close CS 1.6, I LOSE NETWORK CONNECTION ENTIRELY FOR ABOUT 15 SECONDS! hELP '?

Advertisements

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Hello,

If you are able to achieve this exact issue on multiple computers it might be the wireless router after all?

This explains the change in WZC for Vista and 7:
http://en.wikipedia....o_Configuration

TheRealGamer

TheRealGamer

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Uhh....i Have a small question while i tried your method. When i open services.msc, i dont see Wireless Zero Configuration. Help please?

TheRealGamer

TheRealGamer

• Pip
  • 2 posts
After i followed your steps, i still get ping spikes. Why is that? Also, does the distance between your computer and the router matter to the connection of the internet?