Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

XP PROBLEMS RUNNING SLOW

• Please log in to reply

richy779

richy779

• PipPip
  • 32 posts
hello
I have been having slow computer problems and I think it's because of my Win Xp Pro. You see I upgraded from home- hp which was my original and i bought the professional- don't really like it and I have been having problems like- menu bar not showing and stuff like that.. I attached some photos which occured. Okay so today I called HP and asked them what to do and they don;t know. Now i need your help. I want to switch back to Home Edition without deleting my stuff is there any way? I tried puting the HP WIN XP HOME in and it takes me through the process and then restarts my computer goes to system set up. please guide me through slowly if you can. sorry I can't get to paint because my tool bars arent showing its like when i click start all programs then after a menu the category stuff is not appearing!! please reply me quick and fast if you can... and if you can please reply to my other forum too about system booster aplications..
thanks
rich

Advertisements

computerwiz12890

computerwiz12890

Fixer-upper guy

• Retired Staff
  • 1,807 posts
Hello richy779.

I'm not sure if it is possible to revert back to Home Edition from Pro. You can check Add/Remove Programs and see if there is any kind of entry that says "Uninstall Pro" or something to that effect.

If not, I have some ideas about solving your problems.