Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Table Resizing

• Please log in to reply

beethoven

beethoven

• PipPip
  • 92 posts
I'm designing a table through Dreamweaver for my school. It has a fixed length of 913 and a height of 1631. However, in layout mode, which is the one I prefer to work in, when I remove cells and try to make the table smaller, it appears to do so, but changes the height right back. For example, I can reduce the height down to 1500, no cells in the way, so it should work. It'll pop the table right back to the same size. All the cells in the table get bigger and move down accordingly. So, in my example, the cell that would have been at the bottom if the resize had worked is now at the bottom, but it has been stretched to have empty space inside it. I have all the cells the way I want them, but I just can't shorten the table without messing them up. Please help.

Advertisements

thenotch

thenotch

• Retired Staff
  • 668 posts
Are you using tables for layout or for what they were designed for: tabulature data?

beethoven

beethoven

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts
Layout. I think they're actually layout tables instead of the normal tables.