Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Help Uninstalling Yahoo Messenger

• Please log in to reply

Zoikster

Zoikster

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I would like to get rid of Yahoo Messenger, but it is not displayed in the Add/Remove programs at all. I even tryed installing Yahoo again, and no luck...Yahoo is still not in the add/remove programs. This has really made me angry. I don't understand why it would do that in the first place. (Any answers on that?) Are there any other ways to uninstall this sucker? :tazz: Thanks

Zoikster

Advertisements

steelydan

steelydan

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
hello,

try
my computer/ c:/ program files/ yahoo!/ messenger
somewhere inside that folder is UNWISE.EXE
thats the uninstall prog for ym

good luck

Zoikster

Zoikster

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Thank you so much, that did indeed help!!! Allthough some of the Yahoo components are still there like YPager. Update, well messenger is gone, but all the folder that came with it are still there. Everything.. When I try delte Yahoo! from Program Files it says Access Denied

Edited by Zoikster, 14 March 2006 - 05:01 PM.

AniDanny

AniDanny

• PipPip
  • 92 posts
if it says it's because the program is currently in use, try resetting and then deleting the folder?

Zoikster

Zoikster

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Heres the error I get when I try to delete:

Cannot delete pubmod: Access is denied. Make sure the disk is not full or write-protected and that the file is not currently in use. How do I reset the folder?

Edited by Zoikster, 14 March 2006 - 06:30 PM.

rich-m

rich-m

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
give the pc a reboot and make sure you are logged on with a local admin account.