need help with systemupdate.net
Posted 14 March 2006 - 07:20 PM
Posted 17 March 2006 - 10:59 AM
Please run full scans with Ad-Aware SE as follows:
(If you already have Ad-Aware SE 1.06, you can skip the installation steps. If you don't, please uninstall your old versions and install the new ones from the links below.)
Full Ad-Aware Scan
Please download Ad-Aware SE) and install it. If you already have Ad-Aware SE, please configure it as indicated below. (Note that Ad-Aware SE is free for non-commercial, non-governmental, and non-educational use.) If you have a previous version of Ad-Aware, please install Build 1.06r1.
1) Run the Webupdate feature. (Click on the Globe icon, Click connect, Click OK, Click Finish.)
2) Set up the Configurations (Gear wheel at the top) as follows:
- General Button > Safety & Settings: Check (Green) all three.
- Tweak Button > Cleaning Engine > UNcheck "Always try to unload modules before deletion".
- Deselect "Search for negligible risk entries" as negligible risk entries (MRU's) are not considered to be a threat.
- Select "Search for low-risk threats"
- Select "Perform full system scan"
- Click Next
- In the Scanning Results window, select the "Scan Summary" tab.
- Check all objects found in the Critical Objects tab that you wish to remove
- Click Next, Click OK.
- Restart the computer
Download 'Hijack This!'. http://www.spywarein.../HijackThis.exe
Save it in a convenient permanent folder such as C:\HJT\ or your desktop, double click HijackThis.exe, and hit "Scan".
When the scan is finished, the "Scan" button will change into a "Save Log" button.
Press that, save the log, Ctrl-A to Select All, and copy its contents here. Most of what it lists will be harmless or even essential, don't fix anything yet.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users