Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Parallel to USB?

• Please log in to reply

mrsleep

mrsleep

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
I'm trying to hook an older model all-in-one Canon C755 up to my PC with a parallel cable to USB adapter. At first when the computer recognized a USB device was attached to the PC the prompt came up to install it, I installed the drivers for the cable first, then installed the printer. But the printer just isn't talking to it somehow. It recognizes the model of it somehow and comes up as Canon Multipass C755 and says it's all installed but when I go to print it says the printer isn't "spooling" or something to that effect. I have no idea what else to do from here, the software end is figured out but it's almost like the printer is ignoring the computer. Any ideas/suggestions?

Advertisements

neverborn

neverborn

• PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
try enabling Print Spooler in services.msc?