Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Limited - No connectivity Problem * Need help!

• Please log in to reply

Kraze311

Kraze311

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Well, here I am with this dumb limited - no connectivity problem!
I tried reading this topic to solve my problem but its fairly difficult for me. Too many posts too! I read almost all 10 pages though.

http://www.geekstogo...opic=80153&st=0

Alright back to my problem. I have a D-Link DFE-530TX+ PCI Adapter and well, a Speedstream 5100 DSL Modem. The adapter came with the DSL box and didnt come with anything else but the CD to install DSL. When I install everything its only the program to run DSL. My ethernet cord is currently plugged into the adapter, but im not getting anything positive from it.

Limited - No connectivity
Download speeds at about 30.0 Kbp/s * HORRIBLE WITH DSL, NO? *
Browsing speed EXTREMELY slow

Any help? Im no expert when it comes to internet connections and IPs and such but I know my way around computers. Please... Help me out. This is another topic based on mine, they have the same card as me too.
BUT there is 10 PAGES! Too many things for me to do. I am willing to go that far but for me.

http://www.geekstogo...opic=80153&st=0

Alright one more thing to let you know.
I have my Modem and everything hooked up correctly and my D-Link card is installed correctly but it says
it wont work (case 10)
But, it says this device is working properly (which im 99% sure it is not)
Basically, im using this dumb WAN Miniport PPPOE dial-up connection thingy right?
Just being connected through a filtered modem but basically using dial-up because this adapter? Well, please post and help! I gave plenty of information so I think, but please let me know if you need more :tazz:

Alright, thanks.

Edited by Kraze311, 14 March 2006 - 09:45 PM.

Advertisements