Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Limited Or No Connection

• Please log in to reply

headdy_b

headdy_b

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I have been on the road for a while and I am not sure exactly what triggered my problem. I have been using random wireless connections and do now know what the cause of my problem is, but I was severly hit with spyware. I believe that they're removed, but I cannot make a connection to the internet.

Any sort of connection I attempt is followed with a yellow exclamation point in the bottom corner of the screen next to the connection icons (LANs, wireless networks). The signal strength is excellent, but the status says there is "Limited Or No Connectivity". I send packets out, but nothing is received. Anytime i attempt to repair my network I get the error message saying windows cannot complete the action of "Renewing your IP Address". It says for assitance contact the person who manages your network. My main network is through a cable router that goes to my wireless box and home computer (which I am using the internet fine on right now). I try to connect directly into my home computer to store my files on in case I need to restore windows on my laptop and my connection says that A wire is unplugged when it obviosly is not.
Also, when i attempt to "Change Windows Firewall Settings" I get a message that says due to an unidentified problem, Windows cannot display Windows Firewall Settings.
When I load windows I get the RUNDLL message: Error Loading 04cg0ryk.dll The Specified module could not be found.
I am also having the problem with the windows installer for Nortan Antivirus.
After that goes through I have about 10 messages pop up from symantec Email Proxy saying it cannot scan my email messages because the network is not properly configured. 1003.13
Everything in the device manager seems to be fine....What do I do??

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Run WinsockXPFix

http://www.geekstogo...n=download&id=7

headdy_b

headdy_b

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thank you so much, it worked great. I still have a secure32 and blackworm virus, what should I do for those?

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Please go here:

Malware Removal Guide

Run all the programmes as advised then post a current Hijack This Log in a new topic in the Malware Forum

For the purpose of accurate malware analysis, Hijack This Logs are only dealt with in the Malware Forum. Posting them anywhere else will result in a delayed response

If you are unable to run any of the programmes, ask for advice in the Malware Forum