Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Building a computer

• Please log in to reply

The Ricker

The Ricker

• Pip
  • 2 posts
First I'll start with the particulars,

Motherboard- Asus A8N-SLI Premium/ 939 socket CPU - AMD Athlon 64 X2 dual core 4200+
Video card - Evga Geforce 6800Gs PCI 256
Memory corsair- DDR 3200 -400MHZ 2 GIGs
Hard Drive- Maxtor 300 GIG SATA
DVD burners - NEC -2 (the same )
Power supply- Xion 600 watt
O.S to Be - win XPPro 64 bit

I put all the pieces and parts together and turned it on, all the fans and lights come on the motherboard screen says press delete to enter setup, I do and then it says entering setup and that's the end it goes nowhere, it just stays like that? P.S I have not installed any drivers or bios updates or the O.S, can't get to the bios to do anything. Any suggestions???

Advertisements

jrm20

jrm20

System building expert

• Retired Staff
  • 2,394 posts

First I'll start with the particulars,

Motherboard- Asus A8N-SLI Premium/ 939 socket CPU - AMD Athlon 64 X2 dual core 4200+
Video card - Evga Geforce 6800Gs PCI 256
Memory corsair- DDR 3200 -400MHZ 2 GIGs
Hard Drive- Maxtor 300 GIG SATA
DVD burners - NEC -2 (the same )
Power supply- Xion 600 watt
O.S to Be - win XPPro 64 bit

I put all the pieces and parts together and turned it on, all the fans and lights come on the motherboard screen says press delete to enter setup, I do and then it says entering setup and that's the end it goes nowhere, it just stays like that? P.S I have not installed any drivers or bios updates or the O.S, can't get to the bios to do anything. Any suggestions???

So your saying you are trying to enter the bios and it wont let you??? and does it just hang??? If this is correct continue to read below if not then ignore it.

when you ask it to go into the bios its suppost to go into it nomatter what, errors or harddrives not connected properly it does not matter so it seems like the motherboard itself or the bios or the cmos battery..

Dont get worried, try and troubleshoot the problem. I would first take out all the unnecessary stuff for now just to see if you have a faulty hardware device causing the bios to lock up..

*Wont hurt to try this* Unplug both nec dvd drives the molex connectors and the ide cables. Take out all memory sticks but leave just 1 stick in it for now just to see if it will let you into the bios. Leave the rest of the stuff installed and now turn on the pc and see if you can get into the bios. If you still cant then id say its the motherboard itself but it could possibly be the bios or cmos battery..

thats all I can help you..

More people can come and help you out.