Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

computer running slow after an arc happened in back of the computer

• Please log in to reply

DRod739202

DRod739202

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have an IBM Thinkpad when I tried to put the extra memory in the back of the computer there was an arc. Every time I restart the computer now it runs real slow to boot up. I don't know what happened. When I run AOL or try to get into other stuff it takes along time to boot them up. I have windows 2000 I don't what other information you need. Any that can help me please e-mail me at REMOVED

thank you

The only thing you will accomplish by posting your email address is getting lots of spam.

Edited by Metallica, 16 March 2006 - 05:00 AM.

Advertisements

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
Hello,

Did you happen to remove the ram you installed when this happened? Perhaps you fried the ram and it's affecting the overall performance of your laptop. Hopefully, you didn't damage the motherboard. If the ram stick is still installed, remove it and see if anything changes.

For future reference... ALWAYS REMOVE YOUR BATTERY / DISCONNECT YOUR CHARGER BEFORE WORKING ON YOUR LAPTOP.

Edited by makai, 16 March 2006 - 05:13 AM.