Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

no connection but it says i have

• Please log in to reply

handige harrie

handige harrie

• Pip
  • 1 posts
help please

I recently bought a new computer. amd x2 and all the rest. Since I run quite a lot 64 bit programs I installed windows 64 bit. So far so good all drivers working and everything was fine.
Until after rebooting all my internet was gone. I mean it says it is connected but i can't visit any website.

There are some things I know for sure;

- the drivers are 64 bit compatible, they worked before
- the ethernet card is working fine, no errors and on my 32bit boot I have internet. So that rules out any hardware problem.
- the network is working fine, again 32 bit is working

I get share my internet with 30 others. (student housing) I am just a client so I plug inmy cable and it works. (if I set the right IP and gateway etc.)
I don't get any error.
After startup all internet/network related items go extreamly slow. I suppose the system is searching for internet.

I have had it with searching, can you help?

Eric

Advertisements