Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

WHAT IS A GOOD CPU TO PLAY NEW GAMES ON

• Please log in to reply

badguy2

badguy2

• Pip
  • 9 posts
I HAVE A AND 1GHZ CPU AND A128 RAGE CARD WHAT SHOUL IUSE TO UP GRADE SO I CAN PLAY NEW GAMES? THANK FOR THE HELP AND ON A BUDGET CHEAP BUT GOOD AND WHERE CAN I GET THE PARTS AT FOR THE BEST PRICE

Advertisements

Comrade General

Comrade General

• PipPipPip
  • 387 posts
Please, I hate caps.

No, your current specs cannot play the newest games.(Maybe, but very horribly.)

I recommend http://www.tigerdirect.com and/or http://www.newegg.com and/or http://www.zipzoomfly.com/

:tazz:

Edited by Comrade General, 16 March 2006 - 12:23 PM.

badguy2

badguy2

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
ok sorry what should i use in a cpu and graphic card on a budget.need suggestion

badguy2

badguy2

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
ok thank you what should i use on a buget

jrm20

jrm20

System building expert

• Retired Staff
  • 2,394 posts
We need more information.. Like your current pc specs like which motherboard, or what model pc if it is a manufactured pc. From the sound of it that motherboard you have is not going to let you add a faster cpu.

There is no budget way really to be able to play the newer games..

You might can get away with a new motherboard, cpu, video card, more memory and a better power supply. You could reuse your cdrom drive and case if the case is not a manufactured pc case like hp,dell,gateway etc..

Still, just the case and cdrom drive wont save you much money.

If its a manufactured pc then you wont be able to reuse the pc case and you will need to add a new case to the list above.

And what games are you wanting to play? If its like call of duty2, farcry, hl2, battlefield 2 you will definately need a whole new pc..

Im sorry but its time that you upgraded and started saving for a new pc if you want to play new games.

My opinion its not worth saving anything from that pc you have now as everything will be outdated and slow, even the harddrive will be a 5400rpm probably and it will be a small harddrive. The cdrom drive you have will be slow so its no use keeping that. The memory you have will be probably either pc 2100 or pc 2700 which they are slow now. You shouldnt have memory any slower than pc 3200 if you buy a new pc now..

Its just time to get a new pc.