Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

want to uprade to xp

• Please log in to reply

Angelia

Angelia

• PipPipPip
  • 556 posts
because support is ending for win98se was wanting to upgrade to winxp.i can't buy the program now but my brother says i can use his disk to upgrade.question is can i do this and is it safe1? :tazz:

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
that would not be legal....if you purchased an xp llicense from microsoft you could use his disk....but you would have to pay to get the license...IF you're going to upgrade you need to buy your own copy

Angelia

Angelia

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts
THANKS FOR INFO DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH LICENSE WOULD COST

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
....not off hand for just the llicense but i believe the Upgrade version of xp is somewhere above 100 dollars..like...130 or 150 or something like that...the full version is still above 200 i think

Angelia

Angelia

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts
THANKS DSENETTE DON'T WANT TO DO ANYTHING ILLEGAL BUT CAN'T AFFORD TO PAY THAT MUCH I GUESS ME AND WIN98SE WILL JUST HAVE TO STAY TOGATHER.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
well...i've looked at some of your problems here...and honestly most of them arent 98's fault...it may be outdated but it is still a good home OS...it's easy to use and you can do MOST things that you would need to do...

Angelia

Angelia

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts
I'M GUESSING THAT IT'S YOUR BDAY SO HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU YOU LOOK LIKE A MONKEY AND YOU ---- LIKE ONE TOO.
JUST KIDDING HAPPY BIRTHDAY AND MANY MANY MORE TO COME
THANKS AGAIN FOR YOUR HELP

Angelia

Angelia

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts
YEAH I AGREE IT'S MY DAUGHTERS COMP SHE USES IT FOR SCHOOL AND CHATTING AND STUFF LIKE THAT IT'S NOT LIKE ITS BEING USED FOR A BILLION DOLLAR COMPANY

Angelia

Angelia

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts
YEAH AND THANK TO TOSCANE I'M CLEAN AND READY TO SURF IT TOOK AWHILE BUT WE FOUND THE HIDDEN CULPRIT