Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows - Virtual Memory

• Please log in to reply

wendy k. walker

wendy k. walker

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 354 posts
[attachment=7334:attachment][font=Verdana][b]Hi Everybody, Here lately I have been getting a notice that Windows is increasing my "Virtual Memory".

OK, but I have no idea what that is, or why Windows has to increase it. Can someone tell me just what virtual memory is, and why Windows is increasing it sometimes twice a week?

I am running Windows XP Home with SP 2 installed, and I don't play games, or do any graphics work.

I am attaching a picture of the notice that I keep getting just in case I'm not explaining it good enough.

Thanks to anyone for any information about this.

♥ Wendy

[attachment=7335:attachment]

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Click start, right click my computer, click properties, click advanced, click settings for performance, click advanced, click change for virtual memory, put the dot in system managed, click set, click apply, reboot

wendy k. walker

wendy k. walker

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 354 posts
Hi Keith, OK I did as you said, and I thank you verry much for the information.

♥ Wendy

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Thank you for letting me know

wendy k. walker

wendy k. walker

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 354 posts
Hey just cause you're here, where do I ask about finding out if I have a keylogger on my PC?

Thanks Wendy

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Please go here:

Malware Removal Guide

Run all the programmes as advised then post a current Hijack This Log in a new topic in the Malware Forum

For the purpose of accurate malware analysis, Hijack This Logs are only dealt with in the Malware Forum. Posting them anywhere else will result in a delayed response

If you are unable to run any of the programmes, ask for advice in the Malware Forum

wendy k. walker

wendy k. walker

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 354 posts
Hi Keith, cool thanks for the information, I'll do that.
Bye ♥ Wendy

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Hope it goes well