Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

RAM conflict?

• Please log in to reply

loadsafuniam

loadsafuniam

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
My system came with 256mb DDR which is too little for what i do, so ive added a stick of 128mb DDR.
Windows is still only registering the 256mb stick :tazz:
Ive used Everest Home Edition to look at the hardware, and it is showing both sticks being present, but only 256mb available. The only difference between the 2 sticks is that one of them is PC2100, and the other is PC2700. My M/B is compatable with both sticks 133/166mhz so i cant see why both sticks aint running at the lower speed and totalling 384mb
In my bios i only have the choice of setting the ram by speed or manually, there is no frequancy setting.
anyone any suggestions?

Edited by loadsafuniam, 17 March 2006 - 02:12 AM.

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Onboard graphics? Using 128Mb? If so, that's where the extra memory's gone.

loadsafuniam

loadsafuniam

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
Problem solved. When i fitted my new graphics card, the 128mb RAM stick wasnt inseted bk in fully, I have no idea why it was detected by Everest. But its upto 380mb now.