Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Ajusting fan speed

• Please log in to reply

L4wless

L4wless

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
is there anyway i can ajust the speed of my fans liek my cpu fan and others i got in my computer?

Edited by L4wless, 17 March 2006 - 07:23 AM.

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
you can get external fan controllers that have little dials and what not to change the speed of the fans....some fans and motherboards allow for software controlled fan speed as well...

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
http://www.tigerdire...c.asp?CatId=501 linkage

L4wless

L4wless

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
well the motherboard i got is a ECS P4M800-M7 i duno if there is programs out there to ajust the fan speed on my board or not...

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
Speedfan works on some motherboards where you can adjust the fan speeds. Some times it does not read the fans right but they are still adjustable. I have a boistar M7ncd pro that lets me adjust the cpu and case fan. These fans have the 3 pin power connectors. I have another 2 pin fan that speedfan does not see.

SRX660

L4wless

L4wless

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
i can ajust my cpu fan speed but i really want to ajust my other fan speeds

and the other 2 case fans i have is it better to have the air blowing inside the computer or have it pulling it out?

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
If the fans have 3 pin connectors thay usually can be adjustable for speed.

Heres some controllers.

http://www.directron...eedcontrol.html

You must buy fans that can be speed controled. At the bottom of this page is adjustable speed fans.

http://www.directron.com/80mmfans.html

Case fans at the back of your case should blow hot air out. Fans that blow into the case are usually placed at the bottom front of the case. I even seal off any holes in the back of my cases with duct tape so hot air does not get drawn back in. You need to remember that the braces that hold the fan in its housing should be placeed against the case. You should be able to see the whole fan front which is the intake side.

SRX660