Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

AOL, RR not being able to access certain websites.

• Please log in to reply

ButterflyC

ButterflyC

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
Anyone having issues accessing any websites with AOL or Time Warner lately, say this week?

I'm having trouble accessing a forum that I am active in, since Tuesday of this week. I can't get past an error saying the connection is refused.

From asking around, I found out it is only AOL and RoadRunner customers unable to access the forum. I found out that AOL and RoadRunner poeople can get on the forum only if they use proxymouse.

Anyone know if this is a more widespred problem? Anyone know what is going on? :tazz:

Thanks for any help you can give. I'm hoping I can get better service at customer support if I can pinpoint exactly what is going on. Right now they say it's the fault of the server, but I don't believe it. If the server was down, why are people not using Time Warner's services able to get on?

To help you out the url of the forum I'm trying to reach is:
http://www.pkcplus.co.uk/clubhouse/

Edited by ButterflyC, 17 March 2006 - 10:23 PM.

Advertisements

ButterflyC

ButterflyC

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
Anyone? I wish somone would help. :tazz: Why am I being ignored?

Edited by ButterflyC, 18 March 2006 - 02:37 PM.

jshawger

jshawger

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
I'm guessing either people are busy or they don't know how to fix the problem???

I am using road runner and I got the siteyou listed to open.

I was having trouble with with 4 sites not opening, but the error message was connection timed out by firefox and cannot display page in explorer. I ran a hijackthis log and saw the four sites that would not open on it, so I selected them and clicked fix and it worked.

I don't know what proxy mouse is. Sorry I can't help more.

ButterflyC

ButterflyC

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
I've heard of hijackthis, though I've never used it. How would I use it to get around the problem?

Proxymouse is something that makes an anonymous proxy or hides your proxy. I'm not sure what it is exactly either, but it was a temperary solution in getting around the last time I couldn't access certain web sites.

That time was when Level3.net cut off service to Cogent and left me unable to connect to anything hosted by Cogent which was photobucket, deviantart, freewebs, and many other sites. (Anyone remember that time?) There got to be a big uproar about it until Level3 gave in to the customer complaints and let it connect to Cogent again.

For some reason using an anonymous proxy worked. I could break past the dropped connection.

I'm just trying to figure out what is going on here. From the discussion on the forum it appears to be an issue between Quest and Internap. (what the administrator found out by going to her DNS)

I'm trying to find any jucy info about Quest and Internap. Have they been having poor relations with each other lately? Has one cut off service to another?

I'm curious more than anything. It's established there's nothing I can do or Road Runner, but I'm in it to learn something. But can't find any info about what is up with Quest and Internap right now. There doesn't appear to be any news about it yet.

Edited by ButterflyC, 19 March 2006 - 02:05 PM.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
sorry your issue seems to either be with your ISP or the forum itself...we can't help you with this issue you will need to work this out with your isp and the forum you speak of