Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

deleting vista

• Please log in to reply

queentracy

queentracy

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
My son has put vista longhorn inspirit on his pc and it keeps crashing, running slow and all sorts of error messages... i have ran all the scans to no avail, and now we want to remove this. Will it have replaced any XP files, we dont have an xp disk to do a reinstall, anyone got any advice? Many thanks

Advertisements

SuperSam

SuperSam

• PipPipPip
  • 693 posts
If you open add and remove programs, does it have "Windows Vista"?

If it does choose to remove, it should revert back to Windows XP.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
two questions...where'd your son get vista from?
are you sure it's vista or just the vista overlay for xp?

eastSt-Pris

eastSt-Pris

• Pip
  • 7 posts
It will help to know if Vista was installed on a seperate partitian. If it was installed over XP then you won't be able to revert back to any of your XP files. You will have to reinstall XP.

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
From the name you've given (vista longhorn inspirat) it sounds like it's really windows XP to which a third-party 'theme' or 'skin' has been added. I used it myself a few months back. There should be an uninstall item for it in 'Add Remove Programs' in Control Panel. It didn't cause me any problems, but then every PC is different which is why some people have grief with a particular piece of software while others have no problems at all with it.

Edited by pip22, 08 April 2006 - 09:09 AM.

daniel_c

daniel_c

• PipPipPip
  • 360 posts
sorry not intetional post

Edited by daniel_c, 17 April 2006 - 04:28 AM.