Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

my cool mousepad

• Please log in to reply

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

There's no school like old school!

• Retired Staff
  • 1,668 posts
I think the extactmat is slightly smaller than the steelpad.
I've never used a steelpad before but the extactmat is really good.
When using it you get no resistance when moving even when using a £10 A4tech mouse which I was using (yes I heard the groan). It seemed to make the mouse a little bit more sensitive to movement.
As you've probably read each side has a different coating, so far i've only used the sensitive (flat) side and i've not managed to scratch the surface yet but I really haven't been trying.
I'm now using a Razor Diamondback on it and I have to say that's a nice mouse. Fantastic sensitivity on it, no more jerky sight movement it's smooth as ya like. Perfect for a nice head shot!

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Aye sounds good, i have to say i was tempted by the razorback but it doesnt have the side buttons which i like and the MX518 looks like it would fit my hand a bit better as i like to grip the mouse that way. Not sure i might go for a razer mouse, it might me next week until i order as the bigger the amount of money i spend the more it takes me to decide.

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

There's no school like old school!

• Retired Staff
  • 1,668 posts
The Razor Diamondback i've got has adjustable sensitivity (on the fly, it also as 4 buttons on the side and even comes with it's own mouse bag for travelling to those all important LAN parties.

When I want to buy something expensive I don't do too much thinking. If I think for too long I won't buy it.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Oh no ill get it, just a question of when and how guilty ill be for spending some of that oh so precious student loan on it. I only went looking for a VF900 and now ive got a huge shopping list. Ive always wanted a Zboard though and they are the business when it comes down to it, and anything is better than this MS intelmouse im using now.