Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

iTunes Problem..Installation and uninstallation :help:

• Please log in to reply

kotak

kotak

• PipPip
  • 40 posts
yea this is gonna be a [size=6]BIG[size=6] problem.
OK yea so lemme start.. I connected my ipod today and my itunes wouldnt read it. So i intsalled a new itunes...didnt work...so i google searched problem and i got it and did all the crap. Now i wanted to install it and then it comes up with error 1402 for itunes i conquer that then i get error 1406 i ignore that problem and the i dont have sufficent rights to change anything on itunes. ex. i dont want the music ctore link there. i cant do that. so i restore MY WHOLE IPOD all 498 songs and then my itunes reads it. but now i want to unistall it and i get the 1402 problem again. I want a way so i have itunes can chnage everything on it and dont get any errors but i get 1402 and 1406 and no rights and all this other stuff..trust me i have tried alotta sites on the net and now i believe only u guys can help. PLZ HELP. this ipod is important to me and this is on my desktop cuz i dont have my laptop cuz my parents took it away. so i need ur guys help u guys have helped me with malware and crap so now i need application help :tazz:

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Did you have itunes on the system and working before? Which gen of ipod is it? what version of itunes? Have you tries uninstalling and reinstalling the original itunes you got with it.

In the mean time until you get it fixed you can use winamp to transfer your music.

kotak

kotak

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
yes i had itunes working fine on the computer b4..but then i installed Vitsa inspirat theme and it stilled worked until a week ago. its a 2G ipod mini and the newest version of itunes..i had a problem installing it. and i tired uninstalling it then re installing it but i get the errors that i listed
...Now i just want to uninstall it and fix the 1402 and 1406 problems

Edited by kotak, 19 March 2006 - 10:55 AM.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Well i would go back to last known settings that worked so try getting rid of the theme and itunes and do a roll back to before you installed the theme and the new itunes and then try it. And use the itunes you got with the player or the last known good version newer versions can occasionally cause problems with older players.