Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Uninstalling I.E 7 Beta 2

• Please log in to reply

jgmizz1

jgmizz1

• PipPip
  • 69 posts
I tried uninstalling it from Add/Remove Programs, and It said I had to delete it from the account which I installed it on. But I deleted the account I installed it on. Is there any other way to delete this besides reformating? Thanks in advance.

Advertisements

jgmizz1

jgmizz1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
:tazz: Please anyone? I hate IE 7 soooooo much!!!

SuperSam

SuperSam

• PipPipPip
  • 693 posts
I have heard many rumours that you cannot uninstall IE7 Beta 2. Many professionals told me the only way to remove it is a complete re-install of XP. So, I'm just using FireFox and IE 7 Beta 2 for Windows Updates.

-EDIT

Just been talking to that professional, he said the IE 7 B2 removal differs from computer to computer. Start > Control Panel > Add + Remove Programs > Tick "show updates" > Click IE7 Beta 2 Preview, Click Remove.

Please tell me the results.

Edited by SuperSam, 19 March 2006 - 03:14 PM.

jgmizz1

jgmizz1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
Im using FF too, but there has to be someway to remove it so i can just have IE 6.

jgmizz1

jgmizz1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
Yeah I did that and I got an error saying I have to uninstall it through the account I installed IE 7 on. But I deleted that acoount.

Edited by jgmizz1, 19 March 2006 - 03:16 PM.

SuperSam

SuperSam

• PipPipPip
  • 693 posts
Ok, BRB...

macten

macten

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 638 posts
I don't have an answer to your question but I will say that I uninstalled IE7 beta 2 the other day for a friend. I used add/remove programs and it uninstalled without any problems. I'm sticking with FireFox but have IE6 as a backup for those (few) websites where FireFox doesn't work.

SuperSam

SuperSam

• PipPipPip
  • 693 posts

I don't have an answer to your question but I will say that I uninstalled IE7 beta 2 the other day for a friend. I used add/remove programs and it uninstalled without any problems. I'm sticking with FireFox but have IE6 as a backup for those (few) websites where FireFox doesn't work.

Get the IE Tab extension for firefox.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Will it let you install IE 7 if you log in with an administrator account, if so, you can remove it and it should take all references with it

jgmizz1

jgmizz1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
I'm on an administrator account. If it matters i downloaded IE B2 off filehippo. Also I dont see it in Add/Remove Programs. (i think i deleted it while using that thingy in HJT).

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Sometimes with software the uninstall file goes missing and you end up with this situation, re-installing the application puts the uninstall file back, so you can remove the programme, have you tried to re-install it

jgmizz1

jgmizz1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
I just did, and I get an error saying it was already installed, and to remove it from Add/Remove programs. B

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
You definitely have a tick in show updates and it isn't showing?

tstubbs457

tstubbs457

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
as i recall, there is a blurb in the microsoft forums >> ie7 beta2 re: a method of registry key modification that susbsequently would allow the uninstall of ie7_2---
unfortunately, i do not have the link for you...

peace,

-t.

tstubbs457

tstubbs457

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
this may have some helpful insights:

http://msmvps.com/bl...2/05/82589.aspx