Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Microsoft Outlook/ISP setup

• Please log in to reply

valleyboy

valleyboy

• PipPipPip
  • 245 posts
Hi, hopefully I have a simple problem. I have configured Outlook Express which now works fine for sending mail, but incoming mail is still being recieved into the webmail account through the ISP, not through OE? :tazz: Can somebody suggest why this is happening? Hope you can help. Many thanks.

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Do you get a send / receive error

Does the ISP server require authentication

valleyboy

valleyboy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 245 posts
Thanks for getting back to me so quickly :tazz: .

No send/receive error. How do I authenticate the ISP server?

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Open Outlook Express, click tools, accounts, mail, click an account if none are highlighted, click properties, click servers, tick my server requires authentication, click apply, click OK, click send receive.

It could also be that the ISP needs you to set up pop access / mail forwarding, though you would need to check that with them