Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Help With Boot Up Problem!

• Please log in to reply

Lynchy

Lynchy

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I was booting up my PC earlier this week and started getting a weird XP error ntfs.sys is missing or corrupt... after a few boot attempts this error no longer appeared and I got no video during boot up and got the beep code 1-3-3-1... This and the ntfs.sys error pointed to memory issues... I purchased new memory installed it and now on boot up I get no video and no beeps... Any thoughts?

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
Next thing to do is unplug and then reseat all the hardware in the computer. Beep codes usually mean a hardware failure. phoenix bios says a 1-3-3-1 beep code is "dram autosize" error. Bad connection with the Mb could cause this.

SRX660

Lynchy

Lynchy

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I actually have already done that... Now I have new memory in the PC everything unplugged reseated the CPU and fan and removed the battery to reset the CMOS.... I have nithing but the hardrrive and teh video card connected and I get no beeps at all during boot up and no video.... Thansk for your reply and any future replies anyone may have,,,

Lynchy

Lynchy

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I also tried removing the CMOS battery to reset the CMOS but still on boot up fans strat, hardrive spins, but no beep codes and nothing on the monitor......