Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

double click does not launch desktop items

• Please log in to reply

tony_lamezma

tony_lamezma

• Pip
  • 3 posts
hi,

i had an issue quite awhile ago in which some pretty important registry files were lost. it doesnt cause me that may issues but it does mean that any program that ea installed prior to this issue will not launch with a normal double, this includes Norton, winword etc. i have had some success by right clicking on item going to run as, selecting my user name and re-inputing my password, this is abit lengthy and anoying tho. is there any solution?

many thanks,

tony.

Advertisements

gronka

gronka

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
can you create a new profile? Go to start> control panel> user accounts> create new profile.. then create shortcuts for your programs. see if that works. otherwise you can always try creating new shortcuts on your current profile. see if they work. If so just make new shortcuts and get rid of the old.

tony_lamezma

tony_lamezma

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
ok i did as suggested and it has sorted out most of the issues, however if i have a saved word file on desktop or in a folder, i still cannot just double click to open it, i have to seperatly open up word and either drag and drop the file in or open though folders. can this be fixed?