Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Curious about the net

• Please log in to reply

ButterflyC

ButterflyC

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
Ever since the incident where Level3.net and Cogent got into an issue and almost shut down a great portion of the internet for a few days, I've been more interested in what's going on when there appears to be a problem with a group of people not being able to visit certain sites while others can.

Is there something big happening to the internet since this last week? I'm trying to gather information but I don't know what to look for.

Several people seem to be having a lot of trouble reaching a forum I'm on without using something to hide their proxy.

Can someone explain to me how proxymouse works and why does it enable people to get past some sites that would otherwise get an error saying they are unable to connect to the server?

Advertisements