Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

cannot start windows xp

• Please log in to reply

gronka

gronka

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
yes

Advertisements

rxdotcom

rxdotcom

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
YES!!!! it worked...but Im still a little nervous

Now, the next step was to uninstall AOL...should I delete all the aol security systems and every AOL file listed in the add/remove programs?

then reinstall AOL again? is it possible that it was the aol security system doing this???? My system was always OK until I installed that over the orig Mcafee programs

gronka

gronka

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
yes completely uninstall all aol components. it would be best to do the same with mcafee as well. reason is at times when you install one antivirus program ontop of another you will get conflicts. almost 100% of the time.

JacobAtDell

JacobAtDell

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
I hope Everything Work All Right :tazz: You Did It Man

Edited by JacobAtDell, 20 March 2006 - 10:58 PM.

rxdotcom

rxdotcom

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
thanks for all the help..one last question..

after reinstalling aol, should I purchase a Mcafee internet security suite....something that will not be involved with AOL at all? or go back to the aol setup?

gronka

gronka

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
that comes down to personal preference. It is my understanding that the AOL mcafee is watered down. I dont know this for a fact so dont go on that comment. It may be an interest of yours to download and install avast free edition. Just turn on the realtime protection. Its free.. 1 year at a time.

rxdotcom

rxdotcom

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
will take a look at that program, again thanks for the help