Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Lots of Problems - Please Help

• Please log in to reply

kelsto811

kelsto811

• Pip
  • 3 posts
ok first off I have a HP Pavilion a305w and I recently upgraded the RAM and Graphics card. My old card was an intel extreme graphics card that I took out and I have sitting here on my desk. Everytime I uninstall the drivers it continually keeps reinstalling about every 2 restarts and when it doesn't reinstal I get an error that says some sort of VGA compatible controller is in my computer and I have to install hardware etc...

Im not sure the problem with that and its really bugging me out, im also having a problem with my internet connection which could just be where im located though I have always had a great connection...Every restart it goes out and I have to unplug then plug it back in and it recently has been going down every time I open up AIM and IM someone.

Also I guess I somehow downloaded a virus off limewire where it continually opens and I can not open my task manager. I had it before and fixed it easily running a virus scan but it can't seem to find this one and it is really annoying.

Help is much appreciated :tazz:

Advertisements

SuperSam

SuperSam

• PipPipPip
  • 693 posts
Hello, and welcome to geeks to go.

Could you explain what graphics card it is (Brand, Model, AGP/PCI/-E). It seems like the system is looking for drivers for the new graphics card.

Edited by SuperSam, 20 March 2006 - 04:07 PM.