Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

turning off beeping noise at startup? (single bios beep)

• Please log in to reply

hank_cheif

hank_cheif

• Pip
  • 3 posts
does anyone know how this can be done, without pulling out the speaker from inside my pc??

ive tried hitting delete on startup and looking at bios info but dont really know what to do, i know the headline above is pheonix not sure what that is, my motherboard or if that can give better understanding if it's possible but i want to just disable it, as it is highly annoying

i know the dangers of not being to detect a future problem without it, but i want it to go. is there a way i can disable it while still in windows

any advie/help would be appreciated (btw im on an emachines)

Edited by hank_cheif, 20 March 2006 - 03:57 PM.

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
don't know that there's a way to disable that....it's kind of there for a reason...you could poke around in the bios without changing anything and see if you find a setting for it (i've never seen such a thing and i'll be surprised if you do )...only way i know of is to unplug the speaker...why does a single short beep that only happens when the computer turns on bother you that much?

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
You won't find an option to disable it because its supposed to do that and its done that for the last 20 odd years.

Because you have an eMachines, you may find that pulling the speaker out will disconnect the entire front panel (power button, power button and HDD access light) as they like to wire it in as one complete block to be awkward.

Nekul

Nekul

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
I think you wont be able to disable the Beep as it comes from the speaker attached to the MoBo.

It is very relevent as it indicates that the bios has tested the video sucessfully. Video test is the last test done by post.

Nekul