Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Recycling Bin Bug?

• Please log in to reply

JuiceBox007

JuiceBox007

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
I was deleting some of my old files. And I emptied my Recycling Bin, but the icon still showed the little papers in it. So I opened it up and the folder was empty, but when I click Empty Recycling Bin, it asks if I want to delete 'WINDOWS'. I should I empty it and see what happens? I'm kinda worried. :tazz:

Here's a screen shot. Link.

Edited by JuiceBox007, 20 March 2006 - 11:04 PM.

Advertisements

Spike

Spike

nOoB

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts
Hi there JuiceBox007.

You can give it a try. Windows Cannot delete anything to do with windows if in process, so you should be safe there. Do you have Norton I know norton has hiddend or protected files in recycle bin and can only be deleted by cleaning it out using norton. (I dont know about the new versions of norton but old norton does that)

Do NOT do anything at the moment unless you really want to, maybe wait a few more days for someone elses oppinion.

Cool :tazz:

JuiceBox007

JuiceBox007

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
Well I rebooted my laptop and when it was done, the recycling bin was empty. So I dont think it was anything serious.