Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Graphics Card and Oblivion

• Please log in to reply

Fr34k

Fr34k

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
Thank you! Thank you for coming to THIS thread to help me! :tazz:
Overveiw:
1)Intro
2)My current graphics card
3)Oblivion system requirements
4)Is my graphics card AGP 2 or PCI or something like that
5)Graphics card I should get that will work with my computer

Now, don't we all sometimes want to go pretty far for one game? I do! The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion came out yesterday... I hear it's a great game, I've been anctious for quite some time now, I just can't seem to find out which new graphics card to get so I can play it. Don't get me wrong I'm not going to just use the new graphics card for Oblivion, I'm going to play it for quite a number of games, it's just my graphics card kind of sucks.

Okay, now you're wondering, "what is this horrible graphics card you speak of?" Well I'm getting to that, it's not horrible, it just can play hardly any of the new games coming such as FEAR, BF2, and of course OBLIVION! I'll link you to its website: http://www.intel.com...hics/intel845g/
That is the website's name I don't know if that's the right one because in dxdiag it says Intel® 82845G as the chipset and for name it has the same with a /GL/GE/PE/GV after it. I don't know if it matters and I'm pretty sure it's the right website.

The oblivion system requirements are (website link): http://www.elderscro...blivion_faq.htm
scroll down a bit and you will find them.

I'm sure you know what all that AGP and PCI stuff is because I want to know what my graphics card is so I know what actually fits into so with the information you know about my graphics card do you now know what it is (AGP, PCI, so on)? Also in dxdiag it says AGP Texture Acceleration: Enable so maybe I have AGP? But which kind do I have? 2, 4, or 8?

Finally, I've been going around newegg and I've been looking for graphics cards and I think I found one that's pretty good and would be able to play Oblivion. The one I found was (website link): http://www.newegg.co...N82E16814130233
Maybe it won't fit into my computer, but if you find something better (less than 90$) that will fit into my computer then please tell me also.

Advertisements

jrm20

jrm20

System building expert

• Retired Staff
  • 2,394 posts
Cant answer your question. Need more info.

What is your pc model and or what motherboard do you have?

Fr34k

Fr34k

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
The computer model is Compaq Presario S4300CL.