Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

ERROR MESSAGE

• Please log in to reply

headwayne

headwayne

• PipPipPip
  • 202 posts
Just after doing a complete "BackUpMyPC" with verification, I received the following error message:
You have recovered from a fatal error.
On the event viewer it says: Error code 00000044, parameter1 fa37c990, parameter 2 000000d62, parameter 3 00000000, parameter 4 00000000.

I am reluctant to shut down in case it won't turn on again in the AM.

Any clues or suggestions?

Thank you

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
does the error log list a source for the error?

headwayne

headwayne

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts
That is all there was. I went to eventvwr to see if there was anything that would give me a clue and the information that I gave was everything I could find when I clicked on it.
I was away all of yesterday and did not use the computer at all. (Did not turn it off, however) So far, today, there have been no incidents but that was frightening.
Thank you for replying.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
all my research is pointing towards either faulty ram or a corrupted driver of some kind...but without a faulting module it's very hard to narrow down

headwayne

headwayne

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts
Thanks for trying.