Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Network & Outlook express or Outlook

• Please log in to reply

schauncy

schauncy

• Pip
  • 6 posts
I am on office network not wireless and for some reason I can receive mail from pop3 but cannot send mail. This is driveing me crazy as I have to email pictures and I need to make smaller. I hate having to do 2 or 3 pictures at a time on my company's web mail page. Please give me a hint. I have already disabled firewall to see if it would work. I know it is something simple but i cannot for the life of me figure it out.

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Does the server require authentication

More settings, server in Outlook

JacobAtDell

JacobAtDell

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
Hi schauncy,

First I would Like To Know if You are Having Mcafee Security System With Spamkiller , If Spamkiller is Present , Check the Pop3 Server , It Is Known Issue of Spamkiller whereit Changes the pop3 Server to 127.0.0.1 , Disabling Spamkiller doesnt resolve the issue , Try Removing Spamkiller From Add/Remove Program and Reconfigure the Outlook Express Account

Give a try , Best OF Luck.

schauncy

schauncy

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
I do not have mcaffee but I do have norton security on one laptop and p-cillin on the other . I can bring it home and hook up to dsl here at home and I can send e-mails. of course I have to diable firewall protection until I send it but at least I can send something. the configuration is the same for send and receive.
Help Thanks

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
With Norton you should be able to click option the remove the tick for e-mail scanning, which will be safer

The server may require authentication before it will send

schauncy

schauncy

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
I have tried to change authentication and that does not work. It immediately sends errrors. but without it it just sits there and then tells me the server has timed out after 60 seconds.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
With Outlook, use test account settings and see what the eror is

schauncy

schauncy

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
The computer geeks here just restored and configed my computer to get rid of viruses and it works great so I am baffled. I told our administrator about it but she is no help. she uses outlook and has no problem. it does the same if i switch to wireless

schauncy

schauncy

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
On my computer at work I do not have that option

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
In Outlook, click tools, e-mail accounts, click change for an account and it should be on the page

[attachment=7469:attachment]

schauncy

schauncy

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
did not give me a place to test the connection. My computer at home does. the laptop does not. error : socket error 10060
0x800cccOe

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Try here, it has 10061 but the same 0X800 number

http://support.micro...kb/191687/en-us