Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

SMILIES

• Please log in to reply

Certifiably Blonde

Certifiably Blonde

• PipPipPip
  • 270 posts
Good Morning All!

Firstly, I wasn't quite sure where to post this query so I apologize if this isn't the right forum.

I have a PhPBB board site(definitely no threat to G2G ~ its a private weightloss site for tips/recipes/workout/support advice for a group of friends) and we absolutely hate the smilies that were installed...I've downloaded a bunch of really cool ones and would like to replace them on the boards.

The admin panel doesnt really seem to offer this other than to delete all the old ones but I'd like to know how to replace them before I delete them all. When I go to the guide, it talks a bit about it...but leaves me confused as to how to make a smilie pak ( I think I know <famous last words), bringing it onto the board is still a mystery as well.

So basically what I am asking is if anyone here can please tell me the "easiest" way to do this...I would so very much appreciate it.

Edited by Certifiably Blonde, 23 March 2006 - 07:00 AM.

Advertisements

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
See if this helps:
http://www.vodahost....min_smilies.htm

Certifiably Blonde

Certifiably Blonde

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 270 posts
kinda...I've been collecting rather unique-to-my-site type of smilies & as I understand I need to make a rather detailed list in notepad and save it as a pak file...then its that I import into the board? I was also hoping to make a few paks of seasonal smilies to rotate over the year..is that feasible?