Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Need some help with Processor identification =)

• Please log in to reply

Numba1Rookie

Numba1Rookie

• Pip
  • 4 posts
On my old PC, I switched an AMD K6 350 mhz for an AMD K6 500 mhz. Everything loads up just fine but it's still reading the processor as if it were still the 350 mhz unit. The mobo I'm using is a Soyo SY-5EMA+, I've tried resetting the CMOS, and updating the BIOS but nothing's been changed at all, originally my plan for this pc was to mess around with overclocking =) but obviously there's a problem.

Also, is it possible at all to upgrade the graphics card on a laptop?? (ATI Radeon Mobility 9600 64 MB to possibly 128 MB or even 256 MB)

Thanks! any advice would be very much appreciated!

-Numba1Rookie

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
According to the website below the motherboard can only see up to a 400 processor. You might see if you can adjust the bus speed(clock speed) and the multiplier in the bios to raise the processor speed.

http://www.active-ha...oard/sy5ema.htm

The laptop someone else will have to answer as i don't know that one.

SRX660

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP

Also, is it possible at all to upgrade the graphics card on a laptop?? (ATI Radeon Mobility 9600 64 MB to possibly 128 MB or even 256 MB)

i wouldn't say that it's impossible..but i know it's darned near close....most (if not all laptops) use integrated video cards...so...you wouldn't really be able to pull the old one out and have the new one in it's place...so IF you could even do it...i don't know how you would

Numba1Rookie

Numba1Rookie

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Well I ran CPU-Z and it showed that the graphics card wasn't integrated into the motherboard in anyway, but instead, used an AGP Slot. If it were any way possible it would definitely be a fun project and probably worth the time/effort to be able to remotely play BF2 on my laptop =)

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
well then...if it is indeed an agp card..then you can replace it with another laptop agp card for sure...