Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Helping Out a friend in need.

• Please log in to reply

buckshotbrian

buckshotbrian

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I am a new computer builder, I have built a few from time to time, nothing like this. I was having trouble loading the operating system at first until i switched off the raid recognition in the bios. After I did that the operating system loaded fine then I did the xp downloads to service pack 2. I got a desktop up and after a few moments the mouse would lock up, a reboot was the only thing that fixed it. It would do this evertime I turned on the computer. Only thing I could figure out was its overheating because the case is not real well ventilated. It did not feel hot, so I was sceptical but I send the processor and motherboard back for another one thinking I might have damaged it on install. The processor fan is one of those with the four spikes you push in and turn to lock and that sucks to use, but it came with it. I am guessing its something in the settings somewhere. The new processor and motherboard are having the same issues i can get on and play my online games but its jerky and sometimes it locks up. The graphics look beautiful fantastic but its jerky and studders please help .....

Advertisements

p-zero

p-zero

• PipPipPip
  • 276 posts
Could you post your system specs, such as motherboard, CPU,what brand and type of ram, what video card, etc. etc.

buckshotbrian

buckshotbrian

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
3.0 p4 630 800m lga775
36 gig Western digital 10k rpm 8mb hard drive
motherboard asrock 775 duel 880 pro pt880 775
2 x 1gig strips of patriot ram d400
VGA evga 7800gt 256mb
500 watt pwr supply

FuM

FuM

• PipPipPip
  • 274 posts
I would suggest buying a AMD its the best for gaming and stays alot cooler and eats up less power than an Intel