Very slow starting up and freezing up
Posted 24 March 2006 - 07:21 PM
Posted 25 March 2006 - 01:43 AM
The first thing you need to do is rule out malware.
Please go to the Malware Forum and follow the instructions at the top....Especially the Start Here.
That will give you several steps that will help you clean up 70 percent of all problems by yourself...then post a hijackthis log in THAT forum. Be patient, the Malware Forum is a very busy place and a two or three day wait is not unusual. DO NOT REPLY TO OR BUMP YOUR OWN LOG. If it shows a reply it may be overlooked as one that is being worked on.
If you are still having problems after getting a clean bill of health from the malware expert, please return to this thread.
Posted 25 March 2006 - 10:01 AM
follow these steps and ur pc should start up in no time:D
1. click start/ then click run.
2. type in "msconfig" (without the speach marks)
3. click on genral on the tabs. click selective startup, then uncheck load startup items
4. click ok
5. just incase you NEED some programmes to start at startup click the startup tab and selct the ones you want.
6. restart pc.... it should speed it up alot;)
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users