Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can not delete exe file

• Please log in to reply

bugssy

bugssy

• Pip
  • 5 posts
hitman 2 was a game iw as playing and i got a patch for it , i can not for the life of me delete the patch. keeps coming up saying "cann not delete hitman@_101_en. it is being used by another person or programme. close any programmes that might be using the file and try again.

there is nothing operating that is using the files so what do i do. i have tried killbot, erase cleaner, eraser but nothing works. any ideas guys......its driving me nuts

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Click start then run, type msconfig then press enter, click start up and look for anything for the game, remove any ticks for it and click apply then reboot, try to delete the file, if OK, go back to msconfig, put the dot in normal start up, click apply and reboot

If not, get Unlocker from my signature, let unlocker assistant load at start up so you have a wand in the task bar, delete the file

bugssy

bugssy

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
welldone mate

brilliant it worked.. thanks bud :whistling:

Edited by bugssy, 25 March 2006 - 04:57 AM.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Thank You for letting me know

bugssy

bugssy

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
ok no prosb mate know i am going to ask you, what all the programmes are in your signiture.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
WinBackUp is for backing up files and folders

Data Recovery may help to recover anything deleted in error

Unlocker, you know about

Ms Config adds an extra tab so when you click start then run, type msconfig, you get a list of options, such as system restore

XP Shared lets you specify which accounts can do what on the PC

PDF Creator is a virtual printer that you use to turn text files to PDF Files, open Word, click file then print, choose PDF Creator as the printer, can be useful if you want to send a document that cannot be altered without being obvious

ScreenShot Captor lets you capture all or part of the screen :whistling: at various quality and file formats

Send To Toys adds to the right click options so you can send to anywhere you specify

Paint.net is a good programme for working with images, you need .net framework 1.1 up to version 2.5 and .net framework 20 for version 2.6 and above of Paint.Net

Winaudit is the most comprehensive system information tool I have seen, you get three files, you need the largest, (right frame).

SyncToy lets you set pairs of folders on different network PC's and then any changes you make to one folder will be duplicated to the other folder when you run it. It has to be based on an XP PC but will sync with any network folder on any version of windows

bugssy

bugssy

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
cheers buddy!!!!